This sustainable design presentation includes the informed selection of materials, products and manufacturers to reduce environmental impacts and improve building performance. The program is available as either an in-person presentation or as a self-guided online course accessible at http://www.linetec.com/AIA-CES_on-line.html.
Upon completing “Choosing Sustainable Finishes” you will gain a full understanding of:
- Why aluminum is chosen as a building product
- Sustainable considerations of architectural finishing,
including anodize, PVDF (Kynar®) paint and powder coat
- AAMA specifications and warranty information
- Environmental considerations in choosing a coatings provider
- How architectural finishing contributes to the U.S. Green Building Council’s
LEED® Rating System™
Following the short test, you can earn 1.0 Learning Units (LUs) for Health, Safety and
Welfare (HSW) and Sustainable Design (SD).
This self-guided programs is available at your convenience 24/7. And, the content remains online for future reference.