With condensed construction schedules and limited room at the job site, we understand how important it is for customers to have their finished material arrive as specified and on time.
To provide the greatest convenience and the best possible quality control, we operate our own fleet of trucks. As the nation’s largest independent architectural finisher and contract hauler, this allows us to provide you with cost-effective, reliable, damage-free shipments. Distribution points, and regular pick-up and delivery routes strategically covering much of the U.S., allow for frequent shipments from our home in Wisconsin to you.
Your finished products are transported safely and efficiently by one of our three truck types.
- Local trucking – Linetec’s semi-trailers and straight trucks are used for deliveries within a 30-mile radius of Wausau, Wisconsin. Enclosed trailers can haul carted material, as well as crates and skids.
- Open-top trailers – Linetec’s hard-side, open-top trailers have an open or tarped roof that is ideal for overhead crane loading and unloading. The hard sides eliminate the need to strap down the material, and airbags can be used to snug the material to the walls. Open-top trailers also can be loaded and unload from the tail end at dock height with forklifts and pallet jacks.
Accordion trailers –Linetec’s accordion trailers are a flatbed trailer, but with a rolling attached tarping system. It allows the same above, side or end loading and unloading without the need for strapping down and packaging the material, although skids and crates must have closed tops. Our accordion trailers are ideal for lineal shapes, bundles, boxes and crated material.
Using experienced drivers we ensure your material is delivered damage-free. On Linetec dedicated trucking, your material is never offloaded until it reaches the delivery location. We also offer custom packaging solutions – from boxing and master bundling to individually packaging material into crates. Helping our regular customers to save on packaging costs, time and labor, Linetec also offers a cradle rental program for shipping of lineal extrusions.
Regular Routes and Other Options
Depending on the frequency and urgency of your deliveries, we can provide several options:
- Linetec Managed Trucking, Regular Route – For our customers with weekly deliveries and pick-ups, we arrange for transportation via a Linetec truck or an outsourced carrier.
- Linetec Managed Trucking, Dedicated Run – For customers that have truckload quantities of material moving either one, or both directions (inbound and outbound), Linetec arranges a dedicated truck.
- Customer Managed Trucking – For customers that prefer to make their own arrangements with carrier of their choice, via common carrier (LTL) or exclusive carrier (truckload material).
With Linetec trucking, our customers no longer need to spend time finding and scheduling a contracted hauler to make the delivery. Freight costs are also more economical for partial loads when customers are effectively able to share a truck with other customers on the same route. Because we manage the truck and the schedule, we can better ensure that material will be picked up and delivered on time to your facility and ours.
We have over 45 weekly truck runs, on 12 different routes, throughout the U.S., currently cover most of the states east of the Rocky Mountains. Do not hesitate to contact us if your needs fall outside of this area, we will provide service or arrange for trucking whenever possible.